Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 0W-20 is a full synthetic motor oil made from natural gas, not crude oil. It is uniquely engineered from our revolutionary PurePlus gas-to-liquid technology which is a patented process that converts pure natural gas into a high quality, full synthetic base oil.
Because it is made from natural gas, the base oil contains fewer impurities than base oils made from crude oil, and when combined with our advanced additive technology, creates one of the best formulations in our Pennzoil high mileage portfolio. As your car ages, leaks may develop and cause higher oil consumption and oil burn-off, potentially causing your engine to need frequent top-offs. Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage motor oil is enhanced with an excellent combination of special conditioning seal agents and additives to help stop leaks from seals and reduce the oil consumption that is typical of older and worn engines.
Our full synthetic high mileage motor oil also protects engines from loss of horsepower, offers excellent performance in extreme temperatures, provides unsurpassed wear protection (based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30), and protection against abnormal combustion phenomenon like low-speed pre-ignition observed in modern turbocharged gasoline direct injection (TGDI) engines. Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage SAE 0W-20 is engineered to help keep engines clean by gently lifting deposits and keeping them away from critical moving engine parts. In fact, it keeps pistons up to 45% cleaner than the toughest industry standards (based on Sequence IIIH results).
Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 0W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 Quart
- Full synthetic 0W-20 engine oil made from natural gas, not crude, using Pennzoil’s patented gas-to-liquid PurePlus Technology — designed for vehicles with over 75,000 miles
- Pennzoil 0W-20 is a carbon neutral motor oil, achieved through verified Nature Based Carbon Credits that offset the CO2 lifecycle emissions
- Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 0W-20 keeps pistons up to 45% cleaner than the toughest industry standard (based on Sequence IIIH results)
- No other leading high mileage motor oil provides better protection from friction (based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 5W-30)
- Formulated to deliver less oil burn off than high mileage motor oils made from crude oil
- Helps protect engines from loss of horsepower
- Provides faster low-temperature oil flow and protects in extreme heat
- Meets or exceeds the following OEM requirements: FCA MS-6395; Ford WSS-M2C947-B1
- Exceeds the requirements of the following industry specifications: API SP and all previous categories; ILSAC GF-6
- For a full list of equipment approvals and recommendations, please consult your local Shell Technical Help Desk and always consult your owner’s manual
Pennzoil’s Carbon Neutral Ambition
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic 0W-20 motor oil is carbon neutral. The CO2e emissions of the lifecycle of this product have been offset with verified Nature Based Carbon Credits. For full details, visit the Pennzoil website. “Carbon Neutral” indicates that the CO2e lifecycle emissions of this product have been offset with verified nature-based carbon credits. This means that Pennzoil has engaged in a transaction where an amount of carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e) that is associated with the raw material extraction, transport, production, distribution, use, and end-of-life of the lubricant has been removed from the atmosphere through a nature-based process, or emissions were saved through the avoided degradation of natural ecosystems. “CO2e (CO2 equivalent) emissions” means CO2, CH4, N2O greenhouse gas emissions.